Here is a list of the main cookies we use from time to time, and what each cookie is used for. You’ll also find information about the cookies our business partners use below.
First Party Cookies
The following cookies are used to improve the Website and do not contain any personal information that would allow us to identify you (such as your name or other contact details).
- Permission Cookieemi_privacy-accepted (Permission Cookie)
- PHPSESSID (Really important cookies)
This cookie allows our web servers to respond to your actions on the Website such as remembering items in your shopping basket or preferred method of payment. The Website wouldn’t work for you without it.
- id1, id2 (Remember me cookies)
These cookies enable us to remember your details for subsequent orders, only when you ask us to, so that you don’t have to re-enter your address details again.
- Google Analytics: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, utmz (Analytics)
We use analytics software to help analyse use of our website. These cookies enable us to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour, such as new visitor numbers, interactions and paths through our website, response to our marketing campaigns and browser usage, all in an anonymous form. This information is important to help us understand how people use our website, how our website is performing and to make it as easy to use and useful as possible. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using any EMI website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above
- PAPCookie_FirstClick; PAPCookie_LastClick; PAPCookie_Sale, PAPCookie_Time (Targeting)
Some cookies are used by our Affiliate partners to track the referrals that they have generated and any sales resulting from these for the sole purpose of recompensing the Affiliates.
Third Party Cookies
EMI does not control the dissemination of these cookies for more information refer to http://addthis.com/privacy and http://www.stumbleupon.com/privacyDoubleClick.com: IDDoubleClick cookies are used to measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns.AddThis.com: psc, uid, uit, uvc, _atuvc (bandstores.co.uk)
Stumbleupon.com: su_bcAnalytics / Content Sharing
We use these cookies to enable us to better understand our visitors, such as which web page you came from, which type of browser you are using and your general geographic location. It also gives you a simple way to share content or links across the social web and tells us how many visitors are sharing content.
For more information refer to http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-doubleclick
Apache: TS6a0e62PayPal payment method cookies
PayPal place cookies to recognise you as a PayPal customer, customize the PayPal services, content and advertising, measure promotional effectiveness, collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk, help prevent fraud and promote trust and safety. For further information refer to https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_privacy-outsideTwitter: _twitter_sess, guest_id, k, original_refererTwitter place cookies which allow users of EMI’s websites, who have already logged into Twitter, to quickly share information via the Twitter social network without having to log into Twitter again.
For further information refer to https://twitter.com/privacyFacebook
fbm_242310465851916, fbsr_242310465851916, c_user, datr, localeFacebook place cookies which allow users of EMI’s websites, who have already logged into Facebook, to quickly share information via the Facebook social network without having to log into Facebook again.
Facebook uses these cookies to make the site easier to use, to personalise the user experience, to improve the ads that you see and to protect you from malicious activity.
For further information refer to http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ Webgains: wgs, wgdc, wgc, wgiWe use Webgains cookies to remember when you click on or view an ad during the same browser session. It will also de-duplicate clicks from the same source.
For more information refer to: http://www.webgains.com/public/privacy/webgains-cookies/
- The Website displays video content using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies (also known as Local Shared Objects) to help improve your experience as a user and save your preferences. Flash cookies are stored on your Device in much the same way as usual cookies, but your browser manages them differently. If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, see Adobe Flashplayer Security Settings. Please bear in mind though, that if you disable Flash cookies for the Website you’ll be unable to access certain types of content on the Website, such as videos.
- We sometimes carry embedded “Like” and “Share” buttons to enable users of the Website to easily share articles through a number of popular social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. These sites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
- We also sometimes embed content from websites such as YouTube or Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from these websites you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
Accepting these cookies is a precondition of using the Website, so please be aware that if you restrict or prevent them, we cannot promise how the Website will work for you.
How do I disable cookies?
- You can accept or stop cookies from being stored on your Device by modifying the settings in your browser. Please refer to your browser instructions or the “Help” function within your browser to show you how. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the Website if cookies are disabled.
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Further information about cookies
- For more information about how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
The internet advertising industry has also produced a guide to online privacy and behavioural advertising, please see www.youronlinechoices.eu.