The Little Willies – Lee Alexander (bass), Jim Campilongo (guitar), Norah Jones (piano, vocals), Richard Julian (guitar, vocals) and Dan Rieser (drums) – have reconvened to record ‘For The Good Times’, the follow up to their eponymous 2006 debut. The album will be out in January.
The band first formed in 2003 as an excuse for the five friends to spend a night playing music together at The Living Room in New York City, but the gig proved too fun for both the musicians and audience for it to remain a one-off. Despite hailing from the far corners of the country – California, Massachusetts, Texas, Delaware – the members of band all grew up listening to a certain breed of classic American music, and relished the opportunity to perform some of their favorite country classics and lesser-known gems.
‘For The Good Times’ is another stellar collection of country covers from from of The Little Williles’ favorite songwriters including Loretta Lynn, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton. The album will be released in the US on January 10 and internationally on January 9.
The track listing of ‘For The Good Times’ is:
1. ‘I Worship You’ (Ralph Stanley)
2. ‘Remember Me’ (Scott Wiseman)
3. ‘Diesel Smoke, Dangerous Curves’ (Cal Martin)
4. ‘Lovesick Blues’ (Cliff Friend/Irving Mills)
5. ‘Tommy Rockwood’ (Jim Campilongo)
6. ‘Fist City’ (Loretta Lynn)
7. ‘Permanently Lonely’ (Willie Nelson)
8. ‘Foul Owl On The Prowl’ (Quincy Jones/Alan Bergman/Marilyn Bergman)
9. ‘Wide Open Road’ (Johnny Cash)
10. ‘For The Good Times’ (Kris Kristofferson)
11. ‘If You’ve Got The Money I’ve Got The Time’ (Lefty Frizzell/Jim Beck)
12. ‘Jolene’ (Dolly Parton)