EMI Group plc shareholders
EMI Group plc shareholder information
Questions about shareholdings in EMI Group plc (now known as EMI Group Limited) should be sent to: Equiniti Limited (formerly Lloyds TSB Registrars), Aspect House, Spencer Road, Lancing, West Sussex BN99 6DA, UK. A helpline, available at local call rates in the UK only, operates during normal office hours on 0870 600 3984. Callers from outside the UK should call +44 121 415 7047.
Shareholders who have not accepted the offer from Maltby Limited
The offer made by Maltby Limited (now known as Maltby Acquisitions Limited) to acquire shares in EMI Group Limited (formerly known as EMI Group plc) has closed. Any outstanding shares were compulsorily acquired by Maltby Limited on 2 October 2007.
Those former shareholders who did not accept the offer made by Maltby Limited can still obtain the money due to them (i.e. £2.65 per share). To claim any money due, former shareholders should send:
- their Form of Acceptance or, if this is not available, they should indicate in their covering letter (see below) that they wish to accept the offer;
- their share certificate or, if it is not available, they should state in their covering letter that they require a letter of indemnity. Equiniti Limited charge for the completion of an indemnity and former shareholders are strongly advised to make a thorough search for their share certificate; and,
- a covering letter giving their current address. If this address is different from that shown on their share certificate, information should be included about their previous address, as recorded on the share register, together with details of any changes between the original and current addresses.
Such documents should be sent to:
West Sussex BN99 6DA.
Former shareholders may also call a helpline on 0870 240 0103.
If former shareholders do not wish to claim the money due to them, they may donate the proceeds from their shares to ShareGift, the details of which appear below.
Former shareholders with a small number of EMI Group Limited shares may wish to donate these to ShareGift (registered charity 1052686) which accepts such holdings as charitable donations. They can do this by either:
- sending their share certificate to ShareGift which will then submit it to Equiniti Limited; or,
- submitting their share certificate to Equiniti Limited with an instruction to donate the proceeds from the related shares to ShareGift.
Further information on ShareGift can be obtained from their website at www.sharegift.org or by calling 020 7930 3737.
American Depositary Receipts (ADRs)
The Company’s ADRs traded on the Over-the-Counter market, with one American Depositary Share (ADS) representing two EMI Group plc Ordinary Shares. Following the acquisition during August 2007 of EMI Group Limited (formerly known as EMI Group plc) by Maltby Limited (now known as Maltby Acquisitions Limited), Letters of Transmittal were sent to registered ADR holders. Such letters should have been returned duly completed, together with the related ADR certificate(s), to the Depositary following which ADR holders would have received payment of the amount due to them.
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. is the Depositary for the Company’s ADSs. Enquiries should be directed to:JPMorgan Service Center, Attn: ADR Research, 161 North Concord Exchange, South Saint Paul, MN 55075, USA; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 1-800-990-1135 (toll-free in the USA) or 1-201-680-6630; Website: www.adr.com
Beneficial holders of ADRs should contact their brokers.
UK capital gains tax information
The market value of the Ordinary Shares of EMI Group plc (then known as THORN EMI plc) held on 31 March 1982, as adjusted for subsequent capitalisation issues, was 408.15p per share.
The base cost of EMI Group plc Ordinary Shares acquired prior to the demerger of 19 August 1996 will need to be apportioned between EMI Group plc Ordinary Shares of 25p each and Thorn plc Ordinary Shares of 25p each in the proportion 78.8% to 21.2%.
The base cost of EMI Group plc Ordinary Shares of 25p each held prior to the share capital reorganisation of 21 July 1997 will then need to be apportioned between the new Ordinary Shares of 14p each and the former B Shares of 114.5p each in the proportion 89.4% to 10.6%.
General enquiries may be addressed to the Corporate Communications Department, at: EMI Group Limited, 27 Wrights Lane, London W8 5SW, UK. Tel: 020 7795 7000. Callers from outside the UK should call: +44 20 7795 7000.